Cobie As: Agent Maria Hill
Additional Cast: Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan, Scarlett Johansson
Directed By: Joe Russo & Anthony Russo
Written By: Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely
Release Date: April 4, 2014
Running time: 136 minutes
Genre: Action | Adventure | Sci-Fi | Superhero
Website: Internet Movie Database
As Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world, he teams up with a fellow Avenger and S.H.I.E.L.D agent, Black Widow, to battle a new threat from history: an assassin known as the Winter Soldier.
Facts & Trivia
– Anthony Mackie’s appearance in this film fulfills his dream of playing a Marvel comic book character. He wrote a series of e-mail pleas to Marvel wanting to play any comic character that would appear on film. Though the studio repeatedly replied to him that they will respond in due time, Mackie’s emails caught the attention of Kevin Feige who subsequently offered him the role of Sam Wilson a.k.a. Falcon.
– In several scenes, Natasha Romanov a.k.a. Black Widow wears a necklace with an arrow on it. This is a reference to her teammate Hawkeye. The necklace was Scarlett Johansson’s idea.
– There is a brief mention of a Canadian agency called Department H by Natasha Romanov a.k.a. Black Widow, which was the organization that experimented on Wolverine, and gave him his Adamantium-bonded skeleton in the Marvel comics. In addition, it is the organization that created the Canadian superhero team, Alpha Flight.
– During filming, Sebastian Stan would walk around all day practicing his moves with a plastic knife because he wanted his movements to feel natural.
– Robert Redford wanted to do the film, because his grandchildren are fans of Marvel films, and he wanted them to see him in one.
– There are two post credit scenes for this Marvel film.
– A deleted scene shows Maria Hill and Sitwell conversing after Cap’s escape, ending with her being put under investigation because of her mild taunt that Rogers tends to inspire loyalty.
– Although playing a French/Algerian character, Georges St. Pierre speaks his lines in his native French-Canadian accent.
– Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Kevin Durand, and Josh Holloway screen-tested for the role of Brock Rumlow a.k.a. Crossbones.
– The Winter Soldier does not appear until 32 minutes into the movie.