Cobie As: Kat
Additional Cast: Guy Pearce, Giovanni Ribisi, Brooklyn Decker, Kevin Corrigan
Directed By: Andrew Bujalski
Written By: Andrew Bujalski
Release Date: May 29, 2015
Running time: 105 minutes
Genre: Comedy | Romance
Website: Internet Movie Database
The healthy living philosophies of an ultra-positive gym owner, Trevor, is tested against his employee Kat’s more pragmatic approach — it doesn’t help that the two have slept together and he harbours lingering feelings for her. Her unresolved anger threatens to ruin the gym’s relationship with a wealthy new client, Danny. Matters are further jeopardized when Trevor, trying to smooth the situation, gives way to his own emotions instead. In spite of their best efforts, neither is able to truly move on. The business risk Trevor is in too deep to back away from and the uncertainty of something more with Kat threatens to profoundly impact both their lives.
Facts & Trivia
– Cobie Smulders was 5 months pregnant during filming.
– Director Andrew Bujalski’s wife gave birth with two days of filming remaining.
– Elizabeth Berridge who plays Christine and is Danny’s ex-wife, is married to Kevin Corrigan (Danny) in real life.
– Two actors from the Marvel Cinematic Universe appear in this film. Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill from The Avengers and Captain America:The Winter Soldier and Guy Pearce as Aldrich Killian from Iron Man Three.
– Guy Pearce (Trevor) plays a fitness instructor in this film. In real life, he was a bodybuilder and recipient of the Junior Mr. Victoria bodybuilding competition at age 15.